The Onslow County Sheriff's Office is investigating the death of a Jacksonville woman and her three children. All were found in the garage of the family home Tuesday, apparent victims of carbon monoxide poisoning.
According to the sheriff's office, a neighbor on Parkway Court called to report that something strange was going on at the nearby home. A deputy arrived at the home minutes later.
Jessica Janson, 16, called 911 when she saw the children's lifeless bodies being bought out of a garage by Steven Williams.
Officials say Williams had just arrived home from work late Tuesday afternoon to find the bodies of his fiancee, Robin Parker, 33, and their three girls, ages 10, 2 and 11 months, dead in the garage. The car's engine was still running.
Williams says the last time he saw Parker and the children alive was around 5 a.m., when Parker took him to work at Southwest High School.
Officials say all of the victims were in their night clothes. Autopsies results are pending.
The sheriff's office says it is still uncovering information that may shed some light as to what may have prompted the woman to take her life and the lives of her children. The two-year-old girl who died would have celebrated her third birthday Wednesday.
Outside the family home, people have started leaving balloons, flowers and teddy bears.