Gas Leak Forces Evacuation In Clayton
Posted June 12, 2001 1:14 a.m. EDT
CLAYTON — Some residents of a Clayton neighborhood were asked to leave their homes Tuesday afternoon after crews cut a natural gas line.
The gas leak happened around 12:30 p.m. Tuesday at the intersection of Blanche and Fayetteville streets, near Clayton High School.
One block was evacuated from Horne to Blanche streets as a precaution.
Local fire, police & a representative from North Carolina Natural Gas remain on the scene. They say the situation is minor and contained.