David McCollum said the mistake occurred while the fuel was at a Citgo terminal in Selma and that as many as five Citgo stations, including C's Mini-Mart, on Poole Road, received the contaminated gas.
McCollum said he did not immediately know the other stations affected, but that distributors were at each of them Wednesday removing the water from the gasoline.
A Citgo station in Henderson reported similar problems, but it was not immediately known if it was linked to the contaminated shipment of fuel.
Any customers who experienced problems needed to contact the managers of the stations where they purchased the gas, McCollum said. Citgo will refund their money and pay for any repairs needed as a result of damage caused by the contaminated fuel.
Copyright 2023 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.