Local News

Gas Leak Drives Enfield Residents Out of Their Homes for Christmas

Posted Updated

ENFIELD — At least a half-dozen families in Enfield had an inconvenient Christmas after a gas leak forced them out of their homes.

A crew discovered the leak Sunday night, prompting the evacuation. Most of the families were picked up by relatives, but a temporary shelter was also set up for them at Enfield Town Hall.

Crews worked through Christmas Day to repair the rupture, and they hope to have it fixed by evening.

 Credits

Brian Shrader, Web Editor

Copyright 2022 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.