Early Morning Fire Damages Raleigh Businesses
Posted September 25, 2000 7:00 a.m. EDT
RALEIGH — One business was destroyed and five others damaged after an early morning fire at a Raleigh shopping center.
Fire broke out at Brookside Plaza, located at Brookside and Glascock streets, at 3:30 a.m. Tuesday.
Chris' Barber Shop was one of the buildings ruined by smoke and water.
"It was devastating, you know, I was shocked when I found out," says shop owner Olsegun Fosanya.
Fosanya, who ran the shop for 12 years with his son, says he might have to find a new location.
Investigators believe the fire started at Miami Pizza. They say it could take a few days before they know the cause. They have collected samples to send to the SBI for their assistance as well.
The shopping center is located is a residential area. Firefighters evacuated residents of a nearby home for a short time. No one was hurt in the fire.