Local News

Butcher Shop Burns in Knightdale

Posted Updated

KNIGHTDALE — May 27, 1996 - 6:20 p.m. EDT

A fire in Knightdale late Monday afternoon heavily damaged a popular butcher shop and store along with the offices of a remodeling company.

A fire station sits just across the street from the scene of the fire, so firefighters were able to respond quickly to the blaze at Massey's Butcher Shop and Store, and the adjoining Copeland Remodeling company.

Five people were in the building when the fire broke out, but no one was injured.

Owner Rubin Massey spotted the smoke and says the old building may be a total loss, but that he will rebuild.

Firefighters and Rubin believe the fire started in hot grease on a grill, then spread to other parts of the store

Copyright 2022 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.