KNIGHTDALE — May 28, 1996 - 4:45 p.m. EDT
A popular Knightdale Butcher shop and store remained closed Tuesday after extensive damage from a Monday night fire.
Employees at Massey's Butcher Block spent the day taking food products, which might have been contaminated by firefighting chemicals, off the shelves.
Despite the total destruction of one part of the building, owners now say they'll be back.
Knightdale's fire marshal says a faulty wire in an air conditioning unit probably sparked the blaze.
Copyright 2023 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.