Local News

Robeson County Man Found Dead in Saturday Night House Fire

Posted January 29, 2000 6:00 a.m. EST

— Robeson County authorities are investigating a trailer fire that left a man dead.

Investigators say the fire occurred Saturday around 10:30 p.m. in a trailer in Western Robeson County, near the Evans Crossroads community.

Firefighters responded to a call and found the home fully engulfed in flames. Once the fire was out, they found the man inside.

The victim's name has not been released, pending notification to relatives.

Two kerosene heaters were found inside the home, but investigators have not determined whether they had anything to do with the fire.

A faulty kerosene heater is being blamed, according to authorities, for a fire that destroyed a garage in Durham.

The fire occurred at 504 Craven St. when a resident went out to his garage to try to light his kerosene heater.

The fire was contained to just the garage, and no one was injured.