Local News

Fire Damages Lee County Home

Posted Updated

SANFORD — A Lee County couple had a close call early Sunday when they woke up to find their house on fire.

The blaze broke out at 138 Lee's Chapel Road around 1:30 a.m.

The couple got out in time, but flames were shooting through the roof by the time fire crews got there.

Firefighters say the blaze apparently started near the chimney.

The home is seriously damaged on one end, but no one was seriously hurt.

 Credits

Kay Miller, Web Editor

Copyright 2023 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.