Monday night, relatives of John Fairley enjoyed a chicken dinner at his home on Sonnet Court.
When Fairley went to feed the leftover chicken to his dog on Tuesday, he noticed the food had a bizarre, blue-green glow.
Fairley called Womack Army Medical Center and the fire department, which sent over a HAZMAT team.
"Later, we all started feeling sick with nausea, diarrhea and vomiting. I personally went to the hospital to get checked out because I'm pregnant," says Natisha Jenkins, who ate some of the chicken.
Jenkins and her unborn child were found to be OK. It turns out the glow may have been caused by sea salt.
Fayetteville firefighters say the seasoning sometimes containsphosphorescentparticles.
Some family members who did not feel well were told to get checked by a doctor as a precaution.
Copyright 2022 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.