Woman Dies in Nash County House Fire
Posted April 12, 2007 10:30 a.m. EDT
Updated April 12, 2007 12:53 p.m. EDT
Nashville, N.C. — A 37-year-old woman was killed early Thursday in a house fire, authorities said.
Firefighters responding to a fire at 3310 Barnes Hill Church Road shortly after midnight found the body of the woman inside, authorities said.
The woman's name hasn't been released, pending notification of her family. She lived alone in the house, authorities said.
The fire apparently started on a stove that had been left unattended, authorities said. Smoke quickly filled the house, and the woman didn't have time to get out, they said.
There were no smoke detectors in the house, authorities said.