Local News

Kitchen Fire Damages Raleigh Apartment

Posted Updated
A kitchen fire brought out the trucks Sunday (WRAL-TV5 News)
RALEIGH — One of the rules of cooking safely is never leave the kitchen while your food is on the stove.

People in a apartment learned that lesson the hard way Sunday afternoon. Raleigh firefighters say a kitchen fire broke out at the CedarPoint Apartments because of unattended cooking.

Firefighters evacuated the building and extinguished the fire. One man was treated for smoke inhalation.

Residents will be able to return to their apartments later tonight.

Image

 Credits

Kay Miller, Web Editor

Copyright 2022 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.