Local News

Raleigh Restaurant Damaged by Fire

Posted Updated
Switch to classic wral.com
Fire crews were called to the Angus Barn Sunday night (WRAL-TV5 News)
RALEIGH — Firefighters rushed to one of the Triangle's most popular restaurants late Sunday night.

The Angus Barn began filling with smoke shortly after 10:30 p.m. Patrons and staff were evacuated as firefighters from three departments quickly contained the fire to the kitchen. The fire was located inside the walls, near the ceiling.

Firefighters said it appears to be electrical in cause.

Van Eure, one of the owners, said despite the blaze they hope to be open for business today.

The Angus Barn, on Glenwood Avenue near Raleigh-Durham International Airport, has been damaged by fire in the past. In 1964 the structure was destroyed; in 1993 an electrical fire briefly closed the restaurant.

The restaurant was founded in 1958.

Image

 Credits

Kay Miller, Web Editor

Copyright 2022 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

ImageFeedback