Raleigh Restaurant Damaged by Fire
Posted February 1, 1998 6:00 a.m. EST
RALEIGH — Firefighters rushed to one of the Triangle's most popular restaurants late Sunday night.
The Angus Barn began filling with smoke shortly after 10:30 p.m. Patrons and staff were evacuated as firefighters from three departments quickly contained the fire to the kitchen. The fire was located inside the walls, near the ceiling.
Firefighters said it appears to be electrical in cause.
Van Eure, one of the owners, said despite the blaze they hope to be open for business today.
The Angus Barn, on Glenwood Avenue near Raleigh-Durham International Airport, has been damaged by fire in the past. In 1964 the structure was destroyed; in 1993 an electrical fire briefly closed the restaurant.
The restaurant was founded in 1958.