Local News

Alcohol Linked In Fatal Raleigh Frat Fire

Posted Updated
N.C. State Duplex Fire
RALEIGH, N.C. — Investigators say alcohol played a part in the death of an North Carolina State student killed in a fire.

The fire happened Oct. 7 at a house where several members of a fraternity lived. Cody Pilkington and Mark Davis were not able to escape.

Autopsy reports show Davis died from smoke inhalation, but he also had a blood alcohol content of 0.11.

Fire investigators say that may have slowed his reaction time and made it harder for him to get out of the house.

Pilkington had no alcohol in his system.

Image

Copyright 2023 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.