Employees at C.G. Credle Elementary School reported smelling gas in one of the school buildings as students were arriving for school.
The students were redirected to the other school buildings and officials turned off the gas as a precaution. Firefighters also ventilated the building.
A PSNC inspector determined there was a small leak in the pilot light. The gas was turned off again so that the leak could be repaired.
Students were later readmitted to the school building.
Copyright 2023 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.