Fayetteville Police Make Largest Drug Bust in City's History
Posted March 1, 2007 8:05 p.m. EST
The department's Narcotics Vice Interdiction Team began its drug smuggling investigation in 2006. Police discovered a drug ring stretching from Texas to Fayetteville, which may have been operating for 20 years.
After partnering with federal drug enforcement agents, Fayetteville police seized drugs, cash, cars and houses. Ten people are now facing charges.
"It's the largest bust that I know of in Fayetteville in my 25 years," said Captain Bobby Chapman, narcotic vice supervisor.
The investigation began this past April when police witnessed 5 kilograms of cocaine being delivered to the home of one of the suspects in Fayetteville. The cocaine came from Porter, Texas, just north of Houston.
The Narcotics Vice Unit has intercepted a total of five deliveries for people who live in the city limits of Fayetteville.
Detectives discovered the majority of the suspects in the case attended the same high schools in Fayetteville in the late 1970s. On Feb. 21, police arrested Donald Wayne Miles at his Texas residence. Miles is facing federal drug charges for smuggling marijuana and cocaine from Texas.
Other individuals arrested were:
- Anor Burnside Jr., 25, of 7547 Carrollburg Drive, Fayetteville -- Arrest Date: 4/3/06
- Stanley W. Darrigan, 46, of 996 Hildton Drive, Fayetteville -- Arrest Date: 6/15/06
- Jeane Darrigan, 46, of 996 Hilton Drive, Fayetteville -- Arrest Date: 6/15/06
- William M. Darrigan, 25, of 996 Hilton Drive, Fayetteville -- Arrest Date: 6/15/06
- Harold M. Monsour, 47, of 1905 Morganton Road, Fayetteville -- Arrest Date: 6/15/2007
- Robert Hamilton, 47, of 343 Edinburgh Drive, Fayetteville -- Arrest Date: 1/18/2007
- Margaret L. Hamilton, 44, of 343 Edinburgh Drive, Fayetteville -- Arrest Date: 1/18/2007
- Anthony Russell Wolfe, 35, of 1217 Pamalee Drive, Fayetteville -- Arrest Date: 1/28/2007
- David E. King, Jr., 39, of 25809 Lake Water Drive, Huffman, Texas -- Arrest Date: 2/22/2007
All will be prosecuted in Fayetteville.