Accuser in Duke Lacrosse Case Speaks With New Prosecutors
Posted February 26, 2007 6:37 p.m. EST
Special prosecutors Jim Coman and Mary Winstead took over last month after Durham District Attorney Mike Nifong removed himself from the case. Sources told WRAL the accuser in the case has been interviewed by the new prosecutors in the case.
Nifong didn't question the accuser until nearly nine months after she accused three former lacrosse players of assaulting her.
A representative for state Attorney General Roy Cooper’s office told WRAL that Coman and Winstead are in the process of talking with people and reviewing evidence connected to the case.