Local News

Mobile Home A Total Loss After Bratwurst Grease Fire

Posted Updated
Switch to classic wral.com

WAKE COUNTY, N.C. — An early afternoon fire in eastern Wake County caused extensive damage to mobile home Thursday.

Firefighters responded to the fire at a home on Barrington Drive near Knightdale. Officials said someone had been cooking bratwurst when a grease fire ignited and got out of control.

The fire caused extensive damage to the mobile home, but the man inside was able to get out without any injuries. No damage to surrounding homes had been reported.

Copyright 2022 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

ImageFeedback