Durham Youth Group Raises Money For Victims Of Apartment Fire
Posted May 24, 2005 3:03 a.m. EDT
DURHAM, N.C. — A Durham church youth group is helping a family that was burned out of their home.
The Covenant Presbyterian Church youth group raised close to $3,000 in just two weeks.
On Tuesday, they handed over the check to a family who lost everything last month after a fire ripped through the Royal Oaks Apartments, leaving 19 families homeless.
Investigators believe an overloaded extension cord sparked the fire.