Just after arriving to work, three DMV employees got sick to their stomach. They were taken to the hospital as a precaution. They have since been treated and released.
Emergency crews had to evacuate the second floor of the building. The second floor is mainly the Title Division and few members of the general public have access to the area.
DMV officials have worked with environmental officers to try to find the source. They said it has been difficult to detect because for the last few months, the smell occurs periodically and does not last very long.
Health officials are looking for the source. They think it has something to do with sewage lines. Tests show that whatever the smell is, it is not toxic.
Copyright 2023 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.