Local News

Autopsy Confirms N.C. State Student Died From Skin Cream Overdose

Posted Updated
Shiri Berg
RALEIGH, N.C. — The autopsy report is out on a North Carolina State student who died in January before she had planned to have laser hair removal.

The autopsy confirms what Shiri Berg's attorney has been saying all along -- that she died from an overdose of Lidocaine, a numbing cream. The autopsy also revealed Berg suffered heart failure and brain damage.

The autopsy says she spread the prescription-strength cream she purchased from Premier Body Clinics from her waist to her ankles and wrapped her legs in plastic wrap.

Attorney David Kirby who represents the Berg family said Berg's parents are aware of the autopsy report, but they have not decided whether to file a lawsuit against the clinic.


Copyright 2024 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.