Local News

Man Burned In Hope Mills Propane Explosion Dies

Posted Updated

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. — One person injured in an expolsion and fire at a Hope Mills propane company has died.

Gary Garner died Friday night at the North Carolina Jaycee Burn Center in Chapel Hill.

Investigators believe two men were working on a valve at Jenkins Gas and Oil Co. Inc. on Thursday evening when something sparked the gas.

Steve Jackson is listed in critical condition and Jay Sharpe's condition was upgraded from critical to serious.

A teacher who was driving by helped the victims to safety.

Copyright 2024 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.