Local News

Durham Rescue Mission Needs Assistance After Fire

Posted Updated

DURHAM, N.C. — A small fire broke out Tuesday morning in the kitchen at the Durham Rescue Mission.

Officials say the fire was extinguished quickly with no damage to the building, but the 15-year-old gas stove must be replaced.

Volunteers are needed to help prepare meals to serve 100 or more people. Plus, people can make a tax-deductible donation to help purchase a new stove. Officials believe it may cost around $4,000.

Donations may be made by credit card online at the shelter's

Web site

or by calling

(919) 688-9641

ext. 5036.


Copyright 2023 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.