Investigators Hope Latest Lead Will Break Robeson Kidnapping Case
Posted May 18, 2004 3:16 a.m. EDT
ROBESON COUNTY, N.C. — There is new information in the kidnapping of Jai-Mya Glover, who was abducted from her bed in the middle of the night last month. Investigators arrested one suspect later that day. Now, investigators say they know what two of the other kidnappers look like.
Investigators believe at least four people broke into a Robeson County house in April looking for money. When they could not find any, they snatched the 3-year-old girl from her bed and tried to trade her for ransom money.
Less than 24 hours later, investigators had two big breaks. They found Jai-Mya safe and they caught one suspect, Larry Nance.
After that, investigators said they did not have much to go on. Then, they found shopping receipts belonging to the kidnappers. The receipts placed two of the kidnappers at the Hope Mills Wal-Mart an hour before the kidnapping.
Agents with the State Bureau of Investigation have surveillance video of two people buying items for the kidnapping, but at this point, they will not say what those items are.
Wanda Lee, Jai-Mya's mother, said the latest lead in the case is a chance for closure.
"For weeks, we've been lost and not able to sleep and everything, so the closer that we hear they are getting to these guys is wonderful news to hear," she said.
The surveillance video also shows the kidnappers' car, a red Pontiac missing its front hubcaps.