Raleigh senior center loses federal funding
Posted April 27, 2012 8:47 p.m. EDT
Updated April 29, 2012 8:18 a.m. EDT
Raleigh, N.C. — A Raleigh senior health care center has lost its federal Medicaid and Medicare funding, the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services said Friday.
Blue Ridge Health Care Center in Raleigh had been cited three times by regulators with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services for violations and "substandard quality of care," according to a news release. Most of the problems involved monitoring patients on ventilators.
The 134-bed center currently has 81 patients who receive either of the government insurance programs.
Thursday's revocation means Blue Ridge Heath Care Center has 30 days to relocate them to another health care facility and to inform the residents and their family members of that plan.
Calls and emails to Sharon Donoghue, a spokeswoman for the center, were not immediately returned Friday evening.
The department says families in need of specialized relocation services can contact the adult services division of their local social services office.