Man Shocked At Raleigh Substation Dies
Posted April 16, 2004 11:03 a.m. EDT
RALEIGH, N.C. — The man police say was seriously shocked at a Progress Energy substation in north Raleigh Monday has died.
Willy Kabeya, 37, of Raleigh, died Thursday at the North Carolina Jaycee Burn Center in Chapel Hill.
Police say Kabeya was badly burned after he climbed a fence at the locked substation off Spring Forest Road and grabbed an electrical breaker.
Eight-thousand customers served by the Pine Lake substation lost power for about 45 minutes.