Gasoline Inadvertently Loaded Into Kerosene Tank At Nash County Gas StationPosted — Updated
NASHVILLE, N.C. — Eight customers purchased a total of 28 gallons of contaminated fuel sometime between Wednesday night and Thursday morning from the Fuel Doc at 510 Barnes Street in Nashville. Those customers are urged not to use the product in kerosene heaters and return it to the store for a full refund.
A delivery truck driver inadvertently unloaded gasoline into the store's kerosene tank at 5 p.m. Wednesday. The mistake was not discovered until Thursday morning at the corporate office of Daughtridge Oil Company. The store immediately was notified and all kerosene sales stopped.
Eight customers already had purchased the gasoline, assuming it was kerosene. Gas is more flammable than kerosene.
The store hours are 6 a.m. until 11 p.m.
Copyright 2023 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.