Local News

Investigators: Wilson Woman In Car Fire Died Of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Posted Updated

WILSON, N.C. — Wilson police have released more details about a car on fire with a woman inside.

Investigators found 75-year-old Kitty Mabry inside her burning car on Sunday. Her car was parked in her garage.

Investigators believe Mabry died of carbon monoxide poisoning. They said heat from the car ignited a piece of cardboard underneath it.

Police are waiting for a medical examiner to determine if it was suicide or an accident.

Copyright 2022 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.