Local News

Hot Stove Sparks Fayetteville Apartment Fire

Posted Updated
Switch to classic wral.com

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. — A stove that was apparently left on too long is to blame for a fire at a Fayetteville apartment complex Wednesday afternoon.

Fayetteville investigators said the fire started in a second floor unit of the Ponderosa apartments, near the intersection of Santa Fe Drive and Yadkin Road around 2:15 p.m.

The fire was so intense, it caused the second floor to cave in to the first floor, destroying eight units.It took crews several hours to put out the blaze.

No one was injured, but a firefighter was treated for exhaustion.

The apartment complex is home to many military families, including deployed soldiers and their families.

The Red Cross is providing shelter to those who need it.

 Credits

Paul LaGrone, Reporter
Chad Flowers, Photographer
Kamal Wallace, Web Editor

Copyright 2022 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

ImageFeedback