Local News

Woman, Dog Die In Chapel Hill House Fire

Posted Updated

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. — A Chapel Hill woman is dead after a fire destroyed her home Saturday night.

Five units responded to the call to 215 W. Cameron Street at 5:48 p.m.

Firefighters needed less than an hour to put out the flames. But when they got inside, they found Dymock Maurice and her dog dead.

Investigators said the fire appeared to have started while Maurice was cooking.

Copyright 2022 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.