Raymond Hicks was electrocuted late Saturday when he stepped on a live wire in the front yard of his Allison Cooper Road home, authorities said.
A car ran off the road and knocked over a power pole, authorities said. The electrical wires set Hicks' truck on fire, and he stepped on a wire as he ran out of his house to investigate the fire, authorities said.
"It's a very tragic accident, and everyone is hurting at this point, said Ayana Lewis, Hicks' stepdaughter. "He was a very funny person. He loved to ride horses (and was) a truck driver. He never met a stranger. He was really a people person -- said whatever was on his mind."
State Highway Patrol troopers said the accident was complicated, so the patrol's accident reconstruction unit was brought to the site. Investigators used ribbons to mark the spot where Hicks came in contact with the wire on the ground.
After consulting with the district attorney, troopers charged Robert Robinson, of Pete Abbott Lane in Henderson, with involuntary manslaughter in connection with Hicks' death. Robinson also is charged with driving under the influence, not having a driver's license, leaving the scene of the accident and reckless driving, authorities said.