Local News

Fire Damages In-Home Day Care; Children Unharmed

Posted Updated

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. — A kitchen fire damaged a house that included an in-home day care Friday afternoon, authorities said.

A man was making eggs in the kitchen of 337 Erwin Road, and the fire started shortly after noon when he left the stove unattended, authorities said.

Three children who attend an in-home day care at the residence escaped the fire unharmed, authorities said.

One firefighter was taken to University of North Carolina Hospital for treatment of a shoulder injury he received while climbing a pull-down attic staircase, authorities said.

Copyright 2022 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.