2 More Suspects Captured In Durham Man's Death
Posted August 17, 2006 7:57 a.m. EDT
Updated October 2, 2007 6:17 p.m. EDT
DURHAM, N.C. — Authorities have apprehended the remaining two suspects in the ambush and death of a 20-year-old man.
Michael Harrison Hunt Jr. and Tyrone Lamont Baker, both 19 of Durham, were taken into custody in Kinston late Thursday afternoon without incident.
Three teens were arrested earlier in the week in connection with the death of Adam Lutz, who was allegedly shot in the head by Hunt and Baker in a wooded area on Aug. 8.
Prosecutors said Nicole L. Smith, 17, lured Lutz to her neighborhood before the shooting occurred. Stephen Kyle Knight, 19, and Janeen Webb, 16, then allegedly carried away Hunt and Baker in a getaway car.
Smith is being held without bond on a charge of first-degree murder. Both Knight and Webb have been charged with accessory after the fact to murder and are each being held in the Durham County Jail on a $50,000 bond.
Authorities said Hunt and Baker were being transported to the Durham County Jail late Thursday for processing. Their initial court appearance is expected to occur Friday.