Man Accused Of Road Rage Now Charged With May Shooting
Posted July 28, 2006 11:16 a.m. EDT
RALEIGH, N.C. — A man accused last week of firing a gun at several drivers in Raleigh is now charged with a road rage shooting on the Beltline in May.
Authorities arrested Joel Ortiz in connection with a series of road rage incidents last week. Officials said he is an illegal immigrant.
Ortiz has now also been charged in a May 19 shooting on the Beltline. Police said a man was driving when his vehicle hit the guardrail near New Bern Avenue and plunged into a ravine. When police arrived on the scene, officers noticed the man had been shot.
The victim will be OK. He had told police someone fired at him from another car. Ortiz is in jail on more than $400,000 bond.