Fire Damages Raleigh Business
Posted June 22, 2006 8:21 a.m. EDT
RALEIGH, N.C. — Authorities say a fire ripped through a business that served the Raleigh community for the past 49 years.
The incident happened overnight at Andrews' Market on South Wilmington Street.
Fire investigators on the scene said everything inside is destroyed.
Store owner David Andrews said if a customer was short on cash, he would just let them pay when they had the money.
"It's been part of the family for all of these years and it's going to be tough," he said.
Investigators said the fire started in the middle or back of the store. No one was inside at the time. There is no word yet on what sparked the fire.