Local News

Need For Heat May Have Led To Chapel Hill Fire

Posted Updated

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. — The need of residents to create heat inside a Chapel Hill apartment may have played a role in a fire that damaged the apartment.

Apparently, the occupants may have been using a grill inside to produce heat. No official cause has been announced.

The fire started around 2:30 p.m. Friday at the Kingswood Apartments at the Highway 54 Bypass.

Fire crews battled frigid temperatures to bring the fire under control.

No one was hurt.

Copyright 2022 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.