Officials Say Torch To Blame For Aberdeen Building Fire
Posted December 3, 2002 12:18 p.m. EST
MOORE COUNTY, N.C. — Officials believe a torch caused a fire at a historic building in Aberdeen.
Fire investigators say a roofer was using the tool to heat tar on the roof, when it caught fire Saturday.
The fire destroyed Moneymakers Trading and La Poblanita, an adjoining Mexican grocery store. At least two other businesses that share the complex sustained smoke and water damage.
The fire caused more than $500,000 in damage.