Local News

Benson House Fire Attributed To Electrical Short

Posted Updated
Switch to classic wral.com

BENSON, N.C. — A house fire that resulted in the death of a Johnston County man has been attributed to an electrical short circuit.

According to investigators, the fire started about 8 p.m. Friday in the kitchen of the Benson home. Firefighters called to the scene found the body of 54-year-old Roy Brown.

Investigators said Brown, who was renting the house, was using the oven as a heater, and the oven apparently shorted out.

Another person who reportedly was living in the house, was not home at the time of the fire.

Copyright 2022 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

ImageFeedback