Local News

Raleigh Students Back In Class After Evacuation

Posted Updated

RALEIGH, N.C. — Students and staff at

Conn Global Communications Magnet Elementary School

are back in class after a suspicious odor prompted the evacuation of the school Tuesday morning.

"They just said 'There's a small leak, there's gas in the building.' For the safety of the children, we had to wait until the leak was repaired," said Lara Pugliese, a substitute teacher.

It turned out that there was no gas leak. The smell apparently came from a hot water heater that was being repaired.

Copyright 2022 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.