GlaxoSmithKline, Morehead Planetarium partner summer science program
Posted May 7, 2009 7:05 p.m. EDT
GlaxoSmithKline will sponsor Science in the Summer, a free, educational program in cooperation with local libraries and the Morehead Planetarium.
Elementary school students can attend five half-day workshops to explore chemistry in daily life. The middle school program, for those in sixth, seventh and eighth grades, invites students perform science activities aboard the Destiny mobile science laboratory.
Science in the Summer programs are scheduled in 2009 at these locations:
- Alamance County: May Memorial Library, Burlington, and Mebane Public Library (both June 15-19);
- Caswell County: Gunn Memorial Public Library, Yanceyville (July 27-31)
- Durham County, all in Durham: East Regional Library (July 13-17); Main Library (July 20-24); North Regional Library (July 27-31); Stanford Warren Library (Aug. 3-7);
- Franklin County: Franklinton Branch Library (July 20-24);
- Harnett County: Harnett County Public Library, Lillington (Aug. 3-7);
- Orange County: Orange County Public Library, Hillsborough (July 6-10); Cedar Grove Branch Library (July 13-17);
- Wake County: Holly Springs Branch Library (June 8-12); North Regional Library, Raleigh (June 8-12); R. B. Harrison Branch Library, Raleigh (June 8-12); ); Eva Perry Regional Library, Apex (June 15-19); West Regional Library, Cary (July 6-10); Wake Forest Branch Library (July 20-24); East Regional Library, Knightdale (Aug. 3-7); Cameron Village Branch Library, Raleigh (Aug. 10-14); Southeast Regional Library, Garner (Aug. 10-14).
Parents should contact libraries directly for more information about registration.