Food bank collects from football fans
Posted January 23, 2009 1:18 p.m. EST
Raleigh, N.C. — The Food Bank of Central & Eastern North Carolina encourages sports fans to make their Super Bowl party a Souper Bowl party. Invite guests to donate a non-perishable food item or make a monetary donation at http://www.foodbankcenc.org.
Sammy’s Tap and Grill, at 2235 Avent Ferry Rd. in Raleigh, home of the Triangle area Steelers fan club, will serve a Souper Bowl collection site. Zydeco Downtown, at 608 Wolfe Street in Raleigh, will also be accepting food donations.
Party hosts can bring accumulated donations to the food bank warehouse at 3808 Tarheel Drive in Raleigh. Branch warehouses are located in Durham, Greenville, Southern Pines and Wilmington.
The items most needed are:
- canned meals (stews, soups, ravioli, etc.)
- peanut butter
- canned fruits and vegetables
- paper products
- hygiene items (toothpaste, feminine products, soap, etc.)
- infant products (diapers, wipes, formula, infant cereal)
- nutrition drinks (Ensure, Boost, etc.)