New Walmart Savings Catcher price match program starts on Monday!
Walmart is rolling out a new price match program called Savings Catcher on Monday, 8/4! For all the Walmart shoppers out there, this has the potential to save you a bunch of money! Read on for the details.Posted — Updated
This looks like a great new savings option for those of you who use Walmart for a lot of your shopping. If you shop at other stores like Kroger and Food Lion, who don't double coupons, you may find this price match program allows you to cut out multiple trips to various stores, while still getting the sale prices.
Once you read about the program details below, post what you think about the new program. Do you think you will you use it?
If a local competitor offers a lower advertised price on an item you purchased at Walmart, the Savings Catcher program allows you to get back the difference on a Walmart Rewards eGift Card. You basically get a rebate for the price match.
To get the price match rebate, you must submit your receipt to the Savings Catcher. There are 3 ways to submit receipts:
2. Scan the code at the bottom of your store receipt with the scanner found in the Savings Catcher section of the Walmart app.
3. Register your phone number through the Walmart app or debit card reader located at in-store checkout. Every time you check out at a Walmart store, enter your phone number and Walmart will submit your receipt to Savings Catcher for you.
Once you submit your receipt, Savings Catcher compares the prices of the products you bought at Walmart to the sale prices found in the competitor ads for your area. The ads must be valid at the time you made your Walmart purchase.
If Savings Catcher finds an advertised lower price, you’ll get back the difference on a Walmart Rewards eGift Card!
You will get your price match results within 72 hours of submitting your receipt. They will send the results via email or through the Walmart app.
* You can submit up to 7 receipts per week to Savings Catcher.
* You can save up to $599.99 per year with this program.
* The ads must be valid at the time you made your Walmart purchase and include a specific item price.
* Only applies to in-store purchases.
- Most groceries such as cereal, rice and most fruits and vegetables (but not weighed items like meat)
- Cleaning and paper products like paper towels, bleach and trash bags.
There are a number of items that are not included in the Savings Catcher program including items that require a separate purchase to get the advertised price, BOGO sales where no price is listed, percent off prices (like 30% off an item), going out of business or closeout prices, online purchases,
Also excluded are store brands, deli, bakery and weighed items like meat, electronics, media and gaming, toys, sporting goods, housewares, small appliances, home décor, bedding, books and magazines, apparel and shoes, jewelry, furniture, office supplies and seasonal products, tobacco, firearms, gasoline, tires, prescription drugs, optical and photo products and services, or products that require a service agreement such as wireless, automotive or financial products.