New GoRaleigh bus routes begin Sunday
The GoRaleigh transit system recently announced several new routes for the new year and extended bus service that resulted from the Wake Transit Plan.Posted — Updated
The GoRaleigh transit system recently announced several new routes for the new year and extended bus service that resulted from the Wake Transit Plan.
The new routes, which take effect on Jan. 6, are as follows:
- Route 17, a new route, will serve Rock Quarry Road to the Shoppes at Battle Bridge with service wo Walnut Creek Elementary School, Southeast Raleigh High School and Farmington Square
- Route 18 will add hourly service to Peyton Street, Glenbrook Drive, Beverly Drive, Barwell Road and Rock Quarry Road, ending at the Shoppes at Battle Bridge Road. Meanwhile, route 18S will be peak only and will serve downtown Raleigh, Peyton Street, Glenbrook Drive, Beverly Drive and Poole Road.
- Route 19 will offer 15-minute service all day on Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard and Sunnybrook Road. The route will no longer serve Glenbrook Drive, Belmont Drive, Peyton Street, Grantland Drive or Lunar Drive.
- Route 4 will no longer serve Edwards Mill Road, Crabtree Valley Mall, Creedmoor Road or Strickland Road.
- The new Route 26 will now serve Crabtree Valley Mall, Edwards Mill Road, Chapel Hill Road, Nowell Road, the PNC Arena and Trinity Road.
- The new Route 27 will serve Crabtree Valley Mall, Rex Hospital, Blue Ridge Road, the North Carolina Museum of Art, the State Fairgrounds, Hillsborough Street and Western Boulevard.
- The new Route 36 will serve the Towne North Shopping Center, Creedmoor Road and the Crabtree Valley Mall.
Copyright 2023 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.