NC State Fair to host 22 food vendors at fairgrounds
Posted October 7, 2020 12:00 p.m. EDT
Updated October 13, 2020 6:50 a.m. EDT
Raleigh, N.C. — The North Carolina State Fair might be canceled this year, but you can still get the food you love at the fairgrounds.
During Oct. 15 to 25, the original dates for this year's fair, there will be 22 local fair vendors offering take-out food. Fair officials say that no gathering will be allowed and social distancing and face coverings will be required.
Vendors will be serving from 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. daily. People should enter the fairgrounds at Gate 9 off of Trinity Road and park in the midway area. There will be a collection of vendors visible as you walk up the hill towards Dorton Arena.
Most vendors will be cash-only, while some may accept credit cards. Dorton Arena has an ATM available.
Participating vendors with descriptions from the N.C. State Fair:
- Angela's Seafood - Fish, Shrimp, Chicken Wings, Frog Legs, Chicken Livers/Gizzards, Fries, Fried Scallops, Fried Bologna, Chicken Strips, Hushpuppies, Fried Okra, Tea, Lemonade, Soda & Water
- Brinkley Entertainment - Candy Apples (Different Flavors), Cotton Candy, Carmel Popcorn, Sno Cones, Soda & Lemonade
- Chester's Gators and Taters - Kabobs (Gator, Shark & Chicken), Ribbon Fries, Fried Gator Bits, Mac & Cheese (Gator), Sweet Tea, Soda, & Water
- Cool Runnings Jamaican - Taco/Salad, Jerk Chicken/Pork (Wraps) with Mango Sauce, Curry Chicken, Nachos, Burritos, Beef Pies, BBQ Jerk Ribs, Chili Dogs, Jerk Chicken Rice Bowls & White Choc Bread Pudding
- Debbie's Concessions - Funnel Cakes, Fried Dough, Deep Fried Oreos, Soda, Lemonade, Coffee, Water & Tea
- Douglas Grover - Corn (in a cup or Cob), Flamin' Hot Cheetos Corn on the Cob, Pumpkin Spice Corn, Lemonade, Water, Tea & Soda
- Fat Boys BBQ - Redneck Egg Rolls, Smoked Brisket/Pulled Pork/Pork Ribs/BBQ Chicken/Texas Style Beans, Cole Slaw, Mac N Cheese, Hush puppies, JoCo HoHo (Jalapeno & Brisket, Deep Fried), Brisket Mac n Cheese, Slow Smoked Chicken Wings, Coffee, Sweet & Unsweet Tea, Bottled Water and Soda
- Favor Desserts - Homemade Cake Slices/Mini Pies/Cupcakes, Cake Pops, Cookies, Brownies. Soda, Water, Milk & Lemonade
- Hickory Tree Turkey BBQ - Fried Turkey Sandwich, Turkey BBQ, Crack-n-Cheese Bowl, Turkey Tenders, Turkey Corndogs, Turkey BBQ Egg Rolls, Vegetarian Rolls, Collards, Mac-N-Cheese (Fried) Balls, Bake Beans, Slaw, Hushpuppies, Cracklings, Cole Slaw, Fries/Tator Tots, Thanksgiving Turkey Chop Sandwich, Crack-N-Cheese stuffed Smoked Turkey Leg, Turkey Legs, Soda, Water and Soul Juice Fruit Punch
- Zell Lucas - Confections (Cotton Candy & Candy Apples), Polish/Italian Sausage, Corn/Hot/Beef Dogs, Fries & Soda
- Jenks Concessions - Candy Apples, Cotton Candy, Popcorn, Sno Cones, Soda & Lemonade
- McBride Concessions - Turkey legs, Lemonade, Water & Soda
- Moose Joose Slush - Sweet Tea (Frozen) & 6 - 8 Various Flavors of Slush Drinks
- N.C. Fudge & Stuff - Fudge, Gummies, Soda & Water
- N&T Concessions - Fries, Fish, Bologna Sand, Hot/Corn Dogs, Hamburgers, Crab Bites, Shrimp Bites, Fries, Soda & Water
- Old Style Foods - Roasted Corn, Fried Candy Bars, Fried Candy Bars, Deep Fried Reese Cups, Deep Fried S'mores, Deep Fried Olives, Deep Fried Pop Tarts, Deep Fried Oreo's, Lemonade, Tea & Water
- Party in a Pita - Falafel, Gyro (Veggie, Chicken, Beef, Lamb, & Shrimp), Hummus/Tabouli Pita Sandwich, Stuffed Grape Leaves/Hummus Pita Sandwich, Hummus with Pita Wedges, Baba Ghanouj with Pita Wedges, Tabouli Salad, Stuffed Grape leaves, Veggie Sampler Platter, Garlic Chicken Pita, Shawarma (Beef. Lamb or Chicken), Chicken Tenders, Breaded Shrimp, Corndog, Fries, Lemonade, Tea & Water
- Ragin' Cajun - Crawfish Bites, Alligator Tail (fried on a stick), Shrimp & Chicken Gumbo over Rice, Candied Apple Hushpuppy with Cheerwine Sugar Glaze, Deep Fried Jalapeno Bacon Pimento Cheese Fritters with Cajun Ranch Sauce or NC BBQ sauce, Mountain Dew Hush Puppies with Mountain Dew Butter Crème Frosting, Pumpkin Spice Hush Puppies with Pumpkin Spice Glaze, French Fries, Sweet Tea, Soda & Water
- Raleigh Downtown Lions Club - Kettle Korn, Soda & Water
- The Gobblin' Gourmet - Roadhouse Steak Sandwich, Teriyaki Turkey Wraps, Garlic Ribbon Fries, Flyin Mayan, Sweet Potato Ribbon Fries, Deep Fried, Gourmet Funnel Cakes: Blueberry Bump, Dutch Apple, Pecan Praline, Turtle Brownie, Chocolate Obsession, Red Velvet, Pumpkin Spice, Apples, Blueberry, Salted Caramel Maple Bacon, Pumpkin, Chocolate Pies, Blue Hawaiian Funnel Cake, Chicken Corn Fritters, Deep Fried Rum Balls, Pineapple Lemonade, Orange Tea, Coffee, Hot Choc & Water
- Tropical Delights - Frozen Fruit Smoothies served in cored out Pineapples or Coconuts; specialty cups and 16 oz plastic cups. Flavors included Strawberry, Peach, Pina Colada, Mango. Lemonade, Hot Chocolate, Coffee and Hot Apple Cider & Pineapple Dole Whip
- Waypoint Oyster Bar - Crab Cakes, Shrimp, Fish, Oysters, Scallops, Clam Strips, Soft Crabs, Fresh Crab Dip, Calamari and Crab Claws, Crabmeat blended with cheese on crackers, Deep Fried Lobster on a stick, Firecracker Shrimp with Asian Slaw, Fried Shrimp Tacos with Pineapple Salsa, Pimento Cheese stuffed Crab Balls, French Fries, Soda & Water