NC companies make Forbes' 'America's Best Employers' list
Posted May 3, 2018 11:47 a.m. EDT
Updated July 13, 2018 11:13 a.m. EDT
Raleigh, N.C. — A survey conducted by Forbes ranked hundreds of companies based on the quality of their employers.
Michelin Group in Greenville, South Carolina received the top honor, followed by California-based companies Trader Joe's (No. 2) and Google (No. 3).
Costco ranked No. 5 on the list, and New York-based Wegman's Food Market ranked No. 8. A Wegman's is opening on Wake Forest Road in Raleigh in 2019.
Harvard University ranked No. 9 and Southwest Airlines ranked No. 13.
The rankings were released on Tuesday and include 500 companies that have more than 5,000 employees. Of those, 10 companies on the list are based in North Carolina. Duke University topped the list at No. 18, followed by a Davidson tool supplier company and a Wilmington hospital. Here's the full list:
- Duke University (No. 18), Durham, North Carolina
- Ingersoll Rand (No. 41), Davidson, North Carolina
- New Hanover Regional Medical Center (No. 47), Wilmington, North Carolina
- Duke Energy (No. 106), Charlotte, North Carolina
- Set and Service Resources (No. 248), Raleigh, North Carolina
- PRA Health Sciences (No. 264), Raleigh, North Carolina
- VF (No. 265), Greensboro, North Carolina
- PPD (No. 354), Wilmington, North Carolina
- Nucor (No. 419), Charlotte, North Carolina
- Snyder's-Lance (No. 434), Charlotte, North Carolina