Man gets 10 years for Rocky Mount shooting
Posted March 31, 2011 1:53 p.m. EDT
Wilson, N.C. — A Wilson man has been convicted of shooting two people in a Rocky Mount home two years ago and leading state troopers on a chase before being caught hiding in a beauty salon.
Police announced Thursday that Bernard Terrance Javar Blue, 32, was sentenced to 10 years in prison for the Dec. 29, 2009, home invasion. Two men were shot while lying on the kitchen floor, and a woman was threatened but unharmed, police said.
Blue was caught four months later after a 5-mile chase in Wilson. Authorities said he tried to hide in the ceiling of a beauty salon before being arrested.
Blue was convicted last June of possession of a firearm by a felon and speeding to elude arrest in connection with the chase, according to state Department of Correction records. He was given nearly two years in prison on those charges.
A co-defendant, Deonta E. Bridgers, 21, of Bailey, was convicted last year of assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury and armed robbery in the 2009 home invasion, state DOC records. He is scheduled to be released from prison in May 2015.