Make a practical joke cup and bubbling slime with these activities from Highlights' latest Book of Things to Do
Highlights, the popular magazine for kids, has a new book out called "The Highlights Book of Things to Do" with more than 530 activities to build, play, experiment, craft and cook at home. And the publishers have shared two activities for kids and families that are perfect for the Halloween season.Posted — Updated
Practical Joke Cup
- Plastic cup
- Bendy straw
5. Fill the cup with different levels of water. What happens?
during a flush.
- 2 containers, 1 large and 1 small
- 1/2 cup school glue
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- Several drops of green food coloring
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 teaspoons contact lens solution
- Baking pan
Note: This is fun to make, but not safe to eat.
4. If you want to play with the slime, wait for the bubbling to stop. Then mix three more tablespoons of baking soda into the slime to make it easier to handle.
baking soda creates a borate ion, which helps molecules in the glue link together to form slime.