Raleigh, N.C. — Southern Living magazine recently released its list of 100 Best Restaurants in the South and 10 North Carolina restaurants made the cut.
The first 10 restaurants on the list are curator Jennifer V. Cole's favorite new restaurants and the remainder are her favorite restaurants, new and old, for 2014.
Here's a list of those North Carolina restaurants:
- 5 - Rhubarb, Ashevile
- 20 - Chef & The Farmer, Kinston
- 28 - Crook's Corner, Chapel Hill
- 29 - Curate, Asheville
- 36 - The Fearrington House Restaurant, Pittsboro
- 53 - Knife & Fork, Spruce Pine
- 55 - Lantern, Chapel Hill
- 60 - Mateo Tapas, Durham
- 74 - Poole's Diner, Raleigh
- 92 - Stanbury, Raleigh
Southern Living offers recommendations on what to order at each restaurant, including Atlantic Beach Pie at Crook's Corner, Chilled Poached Shrimp with Smoked Tomato at Poole's, and Huevo Diablo at Mateo Tapas.
What's your favorite restaurant on the list?