List: Triangle restaurants that opened in 2020
Posted December 23, 2020 9:10 a.m. EST
Updated December 23, 2020 9:12 a.m. EST
Raleigh, N.C. — We lost so many restaurants this year, many due to the coronavirus pandemic's effect on the industry. Despite the challenges, many new restaurants were able to open their doors this year. Here's a look at the notable openings:
- Crab Sea Cajun Seafood Restaurant at 6320 Plantation Center Dr. in Raleigh
- The Nomad at 120 W. King Street in Hillsborough
- Zambrero's on the ground-floor of One Glenwood in downtown Raleigh
- Andia’s Homemade Ice Cream opened its second shop in east Cary at 1008 Ryan Road
- Potbelly Sandwich Shop at 6815 Fayetteville Road in Durham
- Five Star Chinese Restaurant relocated to 301 N West St. in Raleigh
- Bonafide Bakeshop & Cafe at 1232 W. Williams St. in Apex
- Mookie’s New York Deli at 1010 Tryon Village Drive in Cary
- 321 Coffee at the State Farmers’ Market reopened in an expanded/bigger space
- Driftwood Cantina, the new concept from the Driftwood Kitchen + Bar, at 8460 Honeycutt Road in Raleigh
- Bigfoot Taphouse 222 Glenwood Ave. in Raleigh
- Secrets Pho and Noodle Bar at 810 9th St. in Durham
- Da Kine’s Kava at 1114 W. Chapel Hill St. in Durham
- Zambrero at University Hill, 3109 Shannon Road, in Durham
- The Flying Mayanat 319 Fayetteville St. in Raleigh
- Durham Food Hall at 530 Foster St.
- The Optimist at 1000 Brookside Dr. in Raleigh
- Prime BBQ at 403 Knightdale Station Run in Knightdale
- Two Roosters ice cream at 800 Taylor St. in Durham
- Bull City Solera and Taproom at 4120 University Drive in Durham
- Idle Hour Coffee at 1818 Oberlin Road in Raleigh
- Perry’s Steakhouse & Grille at 4509 Creedmoor Road in Raleigh
- Honeysuckle at Lakewood at 1920 Chapel Hill Road in Durham
- Purr Cup Cafe, a cat cafe and lounge, at 210 Prospect Ave. in Raleigh
- Burrito Shak at 2982 Kildaire Farm Road in Cary
- Bearded Bee Brewing at 20 E Campen St. in Wendell
- QueenBurger, a burger pop-up at KingFisher in Durham
- Iris Coffee Lab officially opened at 725 Tucker Street in Glenwood South
- Nanobrewery Black Fire Brewing at 2043 Progress Ct. in Raleigh
- Indian Monsoon Restaurant & Bar at 105 W. Morgan St. in Durham
- Standard Beer + Food at 205 E Franklin St. in Raleigh
- Blue’s on Franklin has opened at 110 W. Franklin St. in Chapel Hill
- Durham Distillery’s Corpse Reviver Bar and Lounge at 715 Washington St.
- Peno Mediterranean Grill at 9424 Falls of Neuse Road in Raleigh
November - December
- Iza Whiskey & Eats, at Carrboro at 307 E. Main St.
- Fine Folk at Foundation Bar at 213 Fayetteville St. in Raleigh. The business started as Gov’t Cheeseburger out of the Postmaster in Cary.
- Lonerider’s Hideout in Five Points at 1626 Glenwood Ave. in Raleigh
- Plum Southern Kitchen & Bar at 501 Washington St. in downtown Durham
- Kipos Greek Taverna relocated at Eastgate Crossing shopping center in Chapel Hill at 1800 East Franklin St. in Chapel Hill
- Parker & Otis opened at its new home at American Tobacco Campus at 324 Blackwell St.
- Esteamed Coffee in Cary, a 501(c)(3) non-profit coffee shop and cafe that employs people with disabilities, opened at 114 S. Academy Street and are open 7:30 am – 3 pm. Monday through Saturday.
- Sister Liu’s Kitchen's Morrisville location at 3524 Davis Drive
- Esmeralda’s Cafe at 1515 North Pointe Drive in Durham
- Virgil’s Cocktails and Cocina opened at126 S. Salisbury St.
- Jose & Sons relocated to Raleigh’s Pleasant Valley at 4112 Pleasant Valley Road
- Crab Sea Cajun Seafood Restaurant at 4831 NC Highway 55 in Durham